Increase in Publication Fees for Trademark Recordals in Saudi Arabia
14 February 2017
The Saudi Trademark Office has recently issued an official circular, announcing a drastic increase in the official publication fees for the following trademark recordal actions:
- Recordal of Assignment or Merger from 500 SAR to 1500 SAR (405 USD)
- Recordal of Change of Name and/or Address from 500 SAR to 1500 SAR (405 USD)
- Recordal of License Agreement or cancellation of the same from 1000 SAR to 2000 SAR (540 USD)
- Recordal of Mortgage Agreement of a trademark or cancellation of the same from 1000 SAR to 3000 SAR (810 USD)
- Amendment of goods and services by removing or restricting the list of goods and services from 1000 SAR to 1500 SAR (405 USD)
- Amendment of form of the mark for trademark registration from 500 SAR to 1500 SAR (405 USD)
- Cancellation of a trademark registration by owner 3000 SAR (810 USD)
- Change of name and address of agent for service from 500 SAR to 1500 SAR (405 USD)
The above drastic increase in the official publication fees will come into force from February 19, 2017 and will not be applied retroactively for recordals already filed with the Trademark Office.
It is worth mentioning that the recordal of change of name and address of agent for service when taking over a trademark application or registration by another agent is optional as of now.
Accordingly, please be advised that Maddock & Bright IP Law Office will amend its schedule of charges to reflect the increase maintaining our professional fees considering the excessive official fees.
New Amendments in ARIPO
7 February 2017
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) recently amended the Harare Protocol on Patents and Industrial Designs and announced an increase in the official fees.
The amendments entered into force on